An unkempt lawn can easily drag down the appeal of an otherwise perfect home. Lawns are one of the first elements that people notice when they arrive at your property. It’s important to invest in proper lawn health care methods to keep your lawn looking fresh and green. One of the methods commonly used by lawn care specialists is aeration. Aeration is the process of making small holes in your lawn, allowing for air, water, and essential nutrients to seep deep into the roots of your grass. Today, GreenMax Services will give you a few answers on why aeration is important and how it can contribute to a healthier, greener lawn.
- Oxygen Circulation – Like everything on this planet, grass needs air to survive. It’s no secret that air is made up of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 1% other elements. Oxygen is essential to provide the roots of your grass with the necessary nutrients to grow strong and healthy.
- Improved Water Penetration – Another issue that afflicts lawns with compaction is proper water penetration. Grass roots need water to grow, and if the water is unable to seep through the soil to reach the roots, it gets redirected away from the lawn.
- Enhancing Nutrient Absorption – Apart from air and water, plants require other essential nutrients to thrive. These include potassium, phosphorus, and nitrogen. These nutrients can be found in fertilizers or as natural elements found in the soil.
- Preventing Unwanted Weeds – When grass is unable to absorb the necessary nutrients it needs to grow strong, it becomes weak and vulnerable. This leaves the door open for unwanted weeds to take root in your lawn.
- Promoting Soil Decomposition – Finally, aeration can help to promote soil decay. This is important because decaying soil adds microbial activity that breaks down the build-up of dead thatch and grass around the roots of your lawn.
Aeration is a critical step in ensuring that your lawn stays healthy and green all year round. It provides benefits including oxygen circulation, improved water penetration, enhanced nutrient absorption, preventing unwanted weeds, and promoting soil decomposition. If you’re looking to improve the health of your lawn, consider hiring lawn care specialists at GreenMax Services who can help you achieve optimal results. With our expertise and the benefits of aerating your lawn, your lawn will be greener and lusher in no time.